- Smooth effortless operation, opening and closing.
- Unlatch, lift up half way and it raises on it's own to a full 32" opening
- Close it, the hood settles down firmly against the cowl, for a perfectly smooth fit.
- Eliminates all excessive spring pressures on the hood.
- Replaces the stock coil spring brackets.
- Eliminates the use of a "Prop Rod".
- It's out of the way and allows easy access under the hood.
- Easy installation. Only two 5/16" holes to drill.
- Simple step by step instructions with color photos.
- You can be done in less than two hours, ready to show.
- MADE IN THE USA .... Each one custom fabricated in our Tucson, AZ machine shop.
This image is best viewed
A custom handcrafted "HoodLifter" conversion installed on our '47 Ford Tudor. Also shown here with our custom "HoodHinges" installed. Just pop the hood, lift up with light pressure about 1/2 way and it raises on it's own to a full 32" opening . Here's the best part, when you close it, the back of the hood settles firmly against the cowling without having to push it down as with "Henry's" old spring supports. There's absolutely no stress on the hood.
A Hood Lifter that Really works for those troublesome
1941, 1942, 1946, 1947 & 1948 Ford & Mercury Hoods.
They said "It can't be done". We didn't buy that!
You'll love the smooth operation of our gas strut "Hoodlifter"
Check out these exclusive Features
The One & Only
Simply the Best!!
Wanna see that again? Click the photo
Scroll down for OUR "Better Idea"
Sooo!......Here's our "Better Idea"
This is not a Hood Holder, or Hood Prop. This is a REAL Hood Lifter!
Harry & Ginnie's
Street Rod Products.....
As featured in the July, 2006 issue of Rod & Custom Magazine